Monday, March 31, 2008

Getting started

I wonder if anyone else worries and obsesses over how to set up their blog and what to post for their first posting. I have been putting off starting this blog because I was overwhelmed with all of the choices but now that I have started I feel like I will be adding embellishments and lord knows what before you know it.
This is the best time to blog (6am)....everyone is still sleeping (so no little fingers trying to bang on the laptop). I often used to wonder why my mom got up so early to do work and now I know the secret. The joy of having TIME TO YOURSELF....wow....what a precious commodity. If I can manage it I am going to wake up early every morning to try and get a posting in before the baby wakes up (and the dog and husband for that matter).
I think I will also use this time in the mornings to plan the meals for the day. I am reading The Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollan and it has really made me think about what kinds of foods we are putting into our bodies... "you are what you eat eats" and according to his first 4 chapters of the book when you eat feedlot beef (I assume that is what all the grocery stores sell) you can't even imagine what you are eating.... it includes quite a bit of sterilized manure and hormones...yummy. I can't bear the thought of feeding that to my little Ava or Sri and I for that matter.
Tomorrow will bring promises of pictures, creativity and random rambling (as evidenced today) but I feel like I have kicked procrastination to the curb and am welcoming in a new more organized and productive ME. Lets hope it sticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment