Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Mjaddarah...where have you been all my life?

Mjaddarah:: cook some sort of long grain rice,  add lentils (canned or cooked), caramelize onions and add to beans and rice, salt (liberal amount) and pepper to taste.... DEVOUR!!  This recipe was passed on to me in this fashion (without measurements) by my friend Tanya....thanks Tanya!!!!

 We have been making ridiculous amounts of this weekly because everyone in the house   loves it.......I just add some veggies on the side and we have a delicious and really filling meal.

I found the recipe here with exact ingredient measurements if you are interested but really I have found that there are no measurements required.
Try Mjaddarah and let me know what you think!

In other news, I have been sewing a ton and will hopefully be able to get some new items in the shop within the next couple of days.....I know you are all anxiously waiting so I will keep you posted!
            

No comments:

Post a Comment