Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Thanks again Laura Ingalls Wilder

Last week the kids and I (and some friends) drove out to Meyers farm to pick some apples.  We love this farm because there are farm animals to bother and I can let the kids run and run without worrying.




We picked a 20lb bag of macintosh apples (what was I thinking????) I have made applesauce and applecrisp and still haven't made a dent in the bag.  Then, thanks to the genius of Laura Ingalls Wilder (we are reading Little House in the Big Woods) we discovered that if we spike the apples with cloves we end up with a natural room freshener ....believe me....we really need it!!  



We created a tutorial for these apple pomanders over here @ bunchland....it is adorable if I do say so myself.  These two are mine and Ava's....Anthony's was not such a success.

He started off innocently enough



Then started getting a little aggressive

This is Anthony's completed pomander....delightful! 

No comments:

Post a Comment