Thursday, November 1, 2012

at the top of the to-do list

After months of seeing "blog post" at the bottom of my very long to-do list.... I never really make it past  #3 or 4 on the list... I just decided that this morning was the day that it was movin' on up. Yes, it bypassed other things like renew healthcard, change furnace filter or fold and put away laundry(which also typically stays at the bottom of the list) but I think it is going to be worth it.

So today i bring you .....HALLOWEEN!

The kids were more than excited to get all the "guts" out of this huge pumpkin. So excited in fact that it required standing on the table....obviously!

Ava's design for the pumpkin.  A bat with eyelashes, very small teeth and balls for feet.  

The finished product.  You can imagine the meltdown when her vision and drawing did not match my carving. We ended up agreeing that it was a "bat-bird"at which Ava rolled her eyes saying "whatever that is"
Some costume DIY.  It was such a proud moment.  Without my help Ava decided to cut off a sleeve of a shirt and make it into a tail.  YAY!!!!!
The Halloween Trio.  Anthony the kimodo dragon....he is showing his teeth.  My nephew Isaiah is Captain America.... next year I am going to make him a Captain Canada costume! Ava is a "rainbow leopard" demonstrating her paws and sharp claws. 
Here they are trying to "walk" to the next house.  See the tail in action?  Now that I see the pictures I think we may have started a little early.

In this spot I really should have a picture of the candy haul that each child brought home and the sheer thrill and chaos of sorting through it, but to be honest with you, I was DONE at this point and didn't have it in me to take anymore pictures. 


HELP!!!!! I am participating in a pie auction this weekend.  I have only ever made one pie before and am NOT a baker.   Any ideas for easy pies?  I want to look fancy but not be difficult.  LAZY!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment