Sunday, May 26, 2013

an affair in May

Ava designed and sewed the orange dress hanging up....I'm so proud
Ava's view from our tent


hand whittled toothpick......WHITTLED TOOTHPICK!

Gorgeous plants from Backyard Harvest
hand twisting yarn to make skipping ropes....this blew our minds!
On Saturday Ava and I were vendors at the Westdale Children's School Mayfair.    It takes place in an absolutely beautiful location and is one of the most peaceful/hippie-like events you could attend.  This is the third time I have been a part of the event and I have LOVED it every single time.  This year was very special to me because I got to spend the whole day with Ava.  We met so many interesting people and had fun catching up with friends that we haven't had the chance to see since the last Mayfair.  For the last two years I haven't really come home with any profits because I tended to spend it on goods at the fair.  I am so proud to announce that this year I did not purchase a thing.  We brought our own lunch and even resisted the temptation to barter for things that we wanted but didn't need....like amazing box of wool roving.   I'm already looking forward to next year's Mayfair... I had better start working on some ponchos for Ava and I....we were sorely out of place without them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment